| Résumé :
- Born in Beirut in 1963 (Registration: 554 Rmeil).
- Rite: Greek Orthodox.
- Parents: Elie Dimitri Chammas (deceased) and Liliane Hannoun.
- Married to Violette Khalil Afeiche, with two daughters (Céline and Kelly) and a son (Carl).
Financier, Businessman, Economist.
Graduated with distinction from the American University of Beirut (AUB), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and Harvard Business School.
Bachelor of Engineering, Master of Science in Civil Engineering, Master of Business Administration with a focus on the international economy.
- General Secretary, Lebanese Economic Organizations.
- Chairman, Beirut Traders Association.
- Member of the Board of Trustees - Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Past President MIT Alumni Association (135,000 alumni).
- Vice Chairman, Cedrus Bank s.a.l.
- Managing Partner, Elie D. Chammas & Co.
Research and publications:
- “The knowledge-based economy and its impact on the Lebanese society and economy”.
“The socio-economic future of Lebanon in questions”.
- “Construction industry and its role in the Lebanese economy”.
- “The political and economic context in Lebanon”.
- Frequent interventions on Lebanese and Arab TV stations. Regular contributions to the national press.
- Social and economic consulting missions to various ministries, public institutions and international organizations, focusing on Employment, Trade, Development, Investments, Finance, Competitivity and the Knowledge Economy.